Western Frontiers End Denver
Your wild west tour at its best. This exploration of the American frontier is filled with local encounters and natural wonders-from the Black Hills to Bryce Canyon's spires and Crazy Horse and Mount Rushmore to Cody's Buffalo Bill Center. Two nights in Yellowstone ensure you don’t miss a thing.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 9 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- 4 Dinner (D)
- Billings: Welcome to old Billings. Learn all about Billing's railroad history during a Be My Guest experience at the historic Billings Depot. Built in 1903 as a hub for three major railroads passing through town, it is now a non-profit organization designed to give you a feel for Billings in the early 1900s. A historian from the nearby Western Heritage Center will be your host for the evening and will share the rail industry's importance to Big Sky Montana. Afterwards, a local chef will delight you with a three-course menu.
- Las Vegas: A true must-see. Live "Viva Las Vegas" from the sky as you hop on the High Roller, North America's tallest observation wheel standing 550 feet tall. The 30-minute ride offers breathtaking 360-degree views of the glittering lights and neon signs of the Strip below.
- Zion National Park: Unlock geological history as you walk the paths and trails of Zion National Park, following in the footsteps of Native Americans and the earliest pioneers. The lush vegetation, wild rivers, roaring waterfalls and towering cliffs of this park will have you reaching for your camera over and over again. You’ll even drive through the amazing 1.1-mile, sandstone Zion-Mount Carmel Tunnel built from the late 1920s through 1930, when it was the longest tunnel of its type at the time.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: After stopping at Sunset Point this afternoon, Bryce Canyon awaits. You’re right in the heart of it all with your accommodations just three miles from the park entrance, maximising the time you'll spend in the park.
- Bryce: Giddy up and get ready for an unforgettable evening of old-fashioned western fun, music and great cowboy food at Ebenezer’s Dinner and Show in Bryce Canyon. This favorite will have you tapping your toes and smacking your lips after a filling, tasty meal of flat iron steak, baked salmon or BBQ chicken.
- Salt Lake City: Get ready for the key features and local secrets of Utah's capital on an orientation tour with your Travel Director. Check out its Mormon center and Temple Square as you delve into the past of its Mormon settlers.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Hello, hoodoos. As you arrive at Bryce Canyon National Park, enjoy seeing the pink, orange and rusty-red limestone spires, known as hoodoos, rise up from the valley floor. Explore the visitor center to learn more about the history and geology of the park before a scenic drive along Bryce Canyon Road with possible stops at Sunrise Point, Sunset Point and Inspiration Point. You’ll love seeing how Bryce Canyon, home to the largest collection of these spires in the world, is in a league of its own.
- Jackson: Spend the afternoon exploring the charming cowboy town of Jackson, WY. Stroll through the antler archways at Jackson Town Square before heading to the famed Million Dollar Cowboy Bar and grab a seat on a horse saddle. Walk through local art galleries and boutique shops to find the perfect souvenir.
- Grand Teton National Park: Get your cameras ready for Grand Teton National Park’s shimmering peaks of the Teton mountain range rising up above forests and lakes. You’ll love exploring the park’s alpine landscapes with your Tour Director who shares details about the 40-mile Teton Range. Explore the Thomas and Colter Bay Visitor Centers, Jenny Lake and Colter Bay overlooking Jackson Lake, one of the highest altitude lakes in the United States.
- Yellowstone National Park: Yellowstone National Park. A bucket list destination and a must-see icon. Established as America's first National Park by President Grant in 1872, Yellowstone is famous for its hot springs, bubbling mud pots, vast canyons and lush forests and a variety of terrain including alpine mountains, prairies, valleys and waterfalls as well as a diversity of nature including the hydrothermal features. Explore the Southern Loop of Yellowstone with your Travel Director who shows you the must-sees and highlights, paired with background information of this huge, ever-changing national park. See the splendor of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, keep an eye out for bison in Hayden Valley, and witness Old Faithful blow off some steam.
- Cody: Jump into the playground of the wild west. Glimpse into the "Spirit of the West" at the Buffalo Bill Center for the West Museum complex. Boasting five museums on its campus, this "Smithsonian of the West" will immerse you in the sounds and sights of the Wild West. You'll feel like you've been transported back to a time of cowboys and cowgirls, outlaws and Native American warriors.
- Little Big Horn: There’s no better place to learn about the Battle of Little Bighorn than visiting the famous historical site itself. Explore the Visitor Center to get oriented with the history of Custer's Last Stand. With your Travel Director driving along Battlefield Tour Road where General Custer and his men were roundly defeated by combined forces of Sioux, Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribal warriors in 1876, feel echoes of the past come alive on this one-of-a-kind experience.
- Black Hills: Unlock the history of Crazy Horse Memorial. Learn how construction began in 1948 after Henry Standing Bear, a Lakota elder, commissioned Korczak Ziolkowski, who worked on construction of Mount Rushmore. While the original idea was to carve a face into rock like Mount Rushmore, the monument will ultimately have a full body and horse. There is no completion ...
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...